Air Gear: Alternate Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
blah blah test blah

Daniel Falmox

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tobakado

Daniel Falmox  Empty
PostSubject: Daniel Falmox    Daniel Falmox  EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 9:01 pm

Name: Daniel Falmox

NickName: Steampunk Boy

Appearance:
Scruffy blond hair, he sports a massive pair of brass goggles. He wears massive brass gauntlets with loose wires treading down to his AT's. He holds the wires inside his clothing for a small amount of concealment. He wears a sleeveless black shirt, with a grey overcoat, and a pair of white tripp pants. There is a hidden Steel backpack like apparatus that links more wires to his AT's. He has a matching pair of below knee high brass greaves that are part of his AT. The Wires from his gauntlets attach here. Removing them will be troublesome because the wire coverings are copper plated.

Daniel Falmox  Steampunk_boy_by_Marquis_di_Carabas

Personality: Daniel is an outgoing and slightly eccentric guy. He is also pretty lazy, and usually cannot be bothered to do anything other than music and tinker with inventions.

Battle Level: 0

Road: N/A

Alterations None

Fame: c

Team: no

Advantages/Weaknesses: Major mental advantage, this applies to high IQ, nonlinear thinking, AT construction and technology, and tactical planning.

Backstory: Daniel grew up with music playing and gears in his hands at almost all times. He was fascinated with music of all kinds, from metal to country to opera. He was almost as much in love with the stories of yesterday as well, from the 1930s and their tales of jet cars and art deco utopias by 2000, and the gritty opposite, failed industrial ages now relying on steam and cogs, over twisted metal skylines sinking below great zeppelins escaping the hustle and bustle. He was greatly inspired by the writings of Mieville and her great train station, and combined his inspiration from it with his love of music, writing songs of the sights he had seen. He also crafted a few things for himself to go along with his music, and tinkered excessively with everything, he ended up making a pair of primitive, but effective AT's from scrap metal.

Air Treks

Description: Daniel's gauntlets are more flashy than practical, silver steam vents and bronze cogs visible, most of which do not actually do anything. They mostly contain water. Though, when combined with his AT's though a series of cables, a button built into the palm can release the water stored in his Backpack. The gauntlet can also speed him up with the steam vents built in. Over-sized and impractical, The steam-powered aspect of them though is the vents along both sides of each shoe that after fully suited up, can lift him barely off the ground, not enough to achieve flight, but enough to be able to 'skate' over the ground, increasing his mobility by a large amount. Without his gear, and with a slight adjustment to the angle of his gauntlets' jets, he can Maneuvers surprisingly faster. The entire AT comes equipped with a decent dehumidifier which allows the AT's to recycle a good amount of water to preserve the water reserves.

AT Specifications:
Gauntlets (Per gauntlet):
Length: 32 Cm
Width: 26 Cm
Depth: 24 Cm
Capacity: 8.4 l
Weight: 13.61 kg
Greaves (Per Greaves):
Length: 40 Cm
Width: 28 Cm
Depth: 26 Cm
Capacity: 11.46 l
Weight: 21.77 kg
Backpack:
Length: 46 CM
Width: 40 CM
Depth: 20 CM
Capacity: 38 l
Weight: 46 kg

Advantages: Acceleration and Thrust are his main points. His AT's are designed for all terrain transportation.

Weaknesses: Being built purely on steam, maneuverability is a problem. However, the thrust to glide over water is not able to displace the water at the correct rate, and thus is not recommended.

Tricks

Starter Trick

Name: (Will make app later) Steam vents
Description: Daniel pulls out a hopper vent located in various spots of the gauntlets, backpack and greaves. This releases a massive amount of steam and provides concealment and hot/humid discomfort to his enemies. This reduces the total power of the AT's while in effect.
Training Time: Requires similar AT's

Name: Super Stride IV "Sonic Boom"
Description: A take-off technique. This trick is an incredibly large but brief burst of acceleration. Primarily used for taking the lead early in the match.
Training Time: A month

Extra Info:

Last edited by Tobakado on Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:30 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
DonCree
Admin

Daniel Falmox  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel Falmox    Daniel Falmox  EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 7:28 am

I asked Sadism to help out with advertising and it seems he asked Mehaha. As for the other APPs for now just include them directly into this one.

Pretty good for someone unfamiliar with the Manga or Show. You can find the manga on mangareader and the show across the internet.

Brain Charger vs Gravity Child vs Normal person.

Quote :
As a brain charger is someone who in the past has had their mind wiped clean and a new personality and memories placed over it. They were meant to be a cost effective alternative to gravity children. In the RP this allows for you to gain an extra trick on every rank up. However they lose a strength. Tricks can be used for a whole slew of things.

A gravity child is someone whom was created with a strong body. They are skilled AT riders as they were created specifically to be compatible with ATs. In the RP you gain an extra strength. However you lose a trick.

Normal people are well normal people. You don't lose a strength nor do you lose a trick but you don't get bonuses.

You can actually have 2 more tricks.

As for your ATs why'd you choose such a large pair? Even connected to gauntlets. Purely aesthetic? Anyways I'm sorta iffy on the skate over the ground thing. Otherwise they seem like unnecessarily large ATs with a really strong steam vent.

Back to top Go down
https://airgearat.forumotion.com
Tobakado

Daniel Falmox  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel Falmox    Daniel Falmox  EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 12:31 pm

I will edit in a minute, Thanks for the help. The Size is mainly the storage tanks of water. It also help maintain the structural integrity of the device. Have you ever seen an old style pressure cooker? Noticed how thick the metal is and how large the clamps are? The same concept applies here. Being powered by water and steam, I have a limited source of energy, and thus I would need to carry as much water as possible.

As for the all terrain problem, it simply makes sense with the device. What I mean is that I could skate on water or sand unhindered since I basically glide over the ground. If you see this as overpowered, then is up for improvements? Like when I learn The E rank skill "Underwater run" I could modify My AT's accordingly to skate above it?

There is actually more detail in the AT app I made...
Back to top Go down
DonCree
Admin

Daniel Falmox  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel Falmox    Daniel Falmox  EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 7:03 pm

You don't OFFICIALLY have a road yet so you'll have to put n/a instead of Wing.

Think of ATs as super machines. Now at F-Rank you won't have regalia level stuff but you still will have some decent things. If you don't know regalia are the uber ATs. Some can create electricity capable of destroying a city in a single night and some can create tornados while others infernoes from pure wheel friction.

If you want something smaller then I hope this idea helps out. A lot of engines have a sort of dehumidifier connected to the exhaust. Not all ATs have exhausts but there are those that do. If yours did you'd only need a powerful de-humidifier capable of gathering water quickly which isn't OP for your rank. If you wanted your trick could have that simply over heat the stored liquids forcing them out in a powerful fog. The ATs could have multiple exhausts as well. Also note that this only applies as a suggestion if you actually want something smaller.

For F-Rank travel on sand is alright as that can be accomplished with all terrain tires. Not water though at least not yet. And at rank up there is a trick that lets you ride in water in almost any circumstances except if your ATs are specifically stated as having a weakness to it. As for ON water I'll add to the trick lists because the wing road allows riders to skate on a pressure differentiation and has according to cannon been used to ride on that same pressure differentiation created by water and air.

I also don't understand why Alterations is centered.
Back to top Go down
Tobakado

Daniel Falmox  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel Falmox    Daniel Falmox  EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 9:26 pm

Fixed the Road

Quote :
Think of ATs as super machines. Now at F-Rank you won't have regalia level stuff but you still will have some decent things. If you don't know regalia are the uber ATs. Some can create electricity capable of destroying a city in a single night and some can create tornados while others infernoes from pure wheel friction.

Wow That's very powerful, I can think of some nice improvements for these then. It would be a nice way of making others underestimate my chari once he has improved. I will nerf the water skating for now, saying that my AT's weight cannot overcome the displacement of water. I would be able to move even still, but it would be normal swimming speed. Heck, it would massively recharge the reserves.

I blame the Character template code for the Alterations being centered, Fixed.

As for the Dehumidifier I'll Add that but keep the size, Maybe you are thinking larger than I had expected, I will edit the AT size specifications, maybe find a pic that matches. I wish to keep the size, It would match the steampunk style I am aiming for.

It is updated I shall edit the AT app as well...
Back to top Go down
DonCree
Admin

Daniel Falmox  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel Falmox    Daniel Falmox  EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 10:31 pm

Well if you wanna remove the red and fix up small things like where a certain sentence begins and ends LoL then do so now. I'll approve once you've done so and I take a look at it again.
Back to top Go down
DonCree
Admin

Daniel Falmox  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel Falmox    Daniel Falmox  EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 10:46 pm

I actually noticed two things. You didn't use the scaling on the strengths and since you're not a brain charger you get 2 tricks not 3. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Tobakado

Daniel Falmox  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel Falmox    Daniel Falmox  EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 11:08 pm

Fixed all the grammatical errors I can find.

"You didn't use the scaling on the strengths"?

I assume you are talking about the minor-perfect scale on the advantages/weakness section? I chose minor.
Back to top Go down
DonCree
Admin

Daniel Falmox  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel Falmox    Daniel Falmox  EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 12:55 am

You can boost one of that strength an not have a weakness.

Normal people get the middle ground of everything. 2 tricks and 1 free great strength.
Back to top Go down
Tobakado

Daniel Falmox  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel Falmox    Daniel Falmox  EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 10:32 am

I see you used the word great so I edited to Major smart and took off frail, I also explained a little of the specializations of the mental advantages.
Back to top Go down
DonCree
Admin

Daniel Falmox  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel Falmox    Daniel Falmox  EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 12:08 pm

Mkay approved under the assumption that by major you meant good.
Back to top Go down
Tobakado

Daniel Falmox  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel Falmox    Daniel Falmox  EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 12:50 pm

i did, If you dont mind start up an rp thread so I can see how things work and Ill join it.
Back to top Go down
DonCree
Admin

Daniel Falmox  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel Falmox    Daniel Falmox  EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 12:57 pm

I'll move this to the next section and that reminds me I need to make my own character.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Daniel Falmox  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Daniel Falmox    Daniel Falmox  Empty

Back to top Go down

Daniel Falmox
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Air Gear: Alternate Time :: Character Applications :: Character Applications :: Approved Characters-
Jump to: